Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Blog 1

Truthfully, at this point I am not especially interested in researching  writing studies; if its what I hink it is, and if we  to be examining artifacts by academics. However, with that said I suppose and indeed am hopeful that writing studies encompasses more than the idea I have about it. Presently, I am basing my definition of writing studies pretty much entirely off of its name; that is, I am thinking of it as the study of writing. Doing research on someone else's research sounds dreadful haha.

Still, I must admit, I have been exposed to it a little in the past now that I think about it, and one assignment I looked at was actually interesting. An academic of whose name I cannot recall basicallly wrote something (possibly his dissertation) on how writers, and educated persons in general view errors in writing. It was called the phenomology of error. If that is considered writing studies, I'd love to do some more looking at what he wrote- it was very interesting! And, I suppose, like many English majors, I wouldn' t mind doing research on someone who studied the writing the likes of Poe, Shakespeare, Milton, Hemingway, and so on. In total, I'm optimistic about the road ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment