Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Blog 28

Writing Process

I'd probably give myself like a 75 for writing process. I posted pretty comprehensive writing of what I had as far as the interview, observations, and data analysis. These blog posts can be seen in blog numbers 21,22, and the one entitled "I'm not really sure what number this is (the draft so far to present on)." the 25 points subtracted will be because I didn't really post any drafts of my work, except for the introduction and the darft at the time of presentation, which is why I've decided to be generous (to myself, haha) and tak off only a quarter rather than half, or 50.

Data+ Analysis

I definetely need to analyze the specific language of my interview in further detail, but I plan to do that later today when I proceed work on my paper. Also, I'll need to analyze some observation notes I have. Besides that, I think the analysis is in a good place. The actual material could be greater in abundance as well, thats why yesterday I added some broader observation notes from looking at videos on YouTube yesterday. It wont serve as central data, but it will help bolster some points I'll be making throughout the paper (see next blog post 28-addt. data). The only regret I have is not getting that second interview, but our schedules just could not work out. In the end, I think this section 'll be my strongest. I say 290- 10 points off for not having more interview data, which I think would have provided a broader insight into the particular church actual community I am focusing in on. Right now though, this section is probably only at a 240 or 250 or so.

Essay

The verbal and written feedback I got from my presentation were extremely helpful. Therefore, I think my structure is pretty much going to be in order. And because Dr. Chandler doesn't kill us when it comes to the aesthetics of our writing, I think I'll obtain many points in this somewhat non-salient aspect of the paper. I think I have a realistic chance of receiving 85-95 points in this section.

What I need to do:

Add a Literature review section where I discuss Swales and Moss
State my purpose and limitations more clearly
Say why it is important that the black church be seen as a discourse community, and how it relates to writing studies
Conclude by drawing on points made earlier in the paper
Organize things in correct places\
Jazz up Headings
Edit

No comments:

Post a Comment