Thursday, March 7, 2013

Blog 12

As someone who has received both kind of teacher comments ( summary of main points in the top and bottom), my first question is what makes people certain people respond to individual comments or not. In my case, I've never really responded to all of the individual comments, unless I saw one comment in particular a really easy fix, and even then I didn't do all of them. Of course the answer to that begs the question of whether it really matters where teacher put the general paragraph. In my opinion, the best thing, as Dr. Chandler pointed out, is for prof's to have a discussion with students on how to read their comments. Why do teachers have to do this among advanced level English and Education majors? I think I can answer this one fairly simply. Besides the very important fact of every teacher doing comments differently, school, as a instruction, has pretty much instructed students to respond immediately to any critiques/ suggestions of the students, and doing this will get students their desired grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment