Thursday, February 21, 2013


Student Learning Outcome #1: students will produce essays through a series of drafts that include exploratory writing or talk, as well as revisions that include addition, deletion, substitution and rearrangement.
#1: I typically revise my writing multiple times (gives students the freedom of starting all over again if needed)
#5: When I revise my first draft, I spend most of my time on issues related to purpose, audience, content, and/or organization (mentions the importance of drafting and addition/deletion and substitution)
#7: I use writing as part of my thinking and analytic processes (free writing, always necessary when drafting)
#12: When I revise my first draft, I spend most of my time on grammatical issues (addition/deletion and substitution)
#14: When I revise my writing, my revisions typically include additions, deletion, substitution, and rearrangement
#15: I typically brainstorm or do other planning activities (ex. freewriting, listing, clustering as part of the writing)
#16: Overall as a writer, I would rank myself (writing skills based on those components from SL #1)
#17: Overall as a critical reader, I would rank myself
Student Learning Outcome #2: students will identify central ideas/themes of a text through class discussion and writing.
#6: I am able to use discourse analysis to explore research questions (discourse is widely used mostly in class)

#8: I feel comfortable talking about the main ideas of a text in class discussions (participation required to engage in main idea talks and comfort)

#11: I am able to interpret the main ideas of a text (it offers students the opportunity to take apart the text and be able to further understand its content)

Student Learning Outcome #3: students will use two or more methodologies from English Studies to develop original research or creative products.
#2: I am confident in my ability to conduct primary research (research, research and more research)

#4: I able to use textual analysis to explore research questions (comparisons and first hand research)

Student Learning Outcome #4: students will demonstrate ability to give a compelling oral presentation.
#10: I am comfortable giving presentations

#13: I have given a presentations where the audience used writing to respond to my ideas

No comments:

Post a Comment